What we have here are the remains of a steam powered saw mill, “Ångsågsverk” in Swedish. It was constructed in the late 1800s as one of the first businesses to be established in the community in northern Uppland where it's located. Besides sawing there was a carpentry shop as well as power planers.
During the mill's life the Swedish pavilion for the 1929 World Exhibition in Barcelona was manufactured here. The pavilion's quirky tower (in fact a kind of beacon) was constructed in modules, then shipped to Barcelona and mounted on location. Later on, quite possibly after steam had gone out of fashion, a small scale manufacturing of wood products took place here. Likely in the the workshop building. Among the products were wooden Venetian blinds.